Saturday, November 17, 2012

Don't Let Them See You Sweat. - Self Help - Advice

That's easy to say if you're not sweating!

A while back, there was a commercial for Axe Super Antiperspirant Deodorant, the one where the guy has sweat spraying from his armpits like a fire hose, that guy has nothing on me. When I perspire, I'm more like the people in the old Long John Silver commercial. One minute they're standing there perfectly dry and the next they're inundated with a tidal wave of water. I sweat so bad that a one time, I thought of having my name legally changed to Super Soaker.

In all seriousness though, having a perspiration problem like mine is no laughing matter.Starting in Junior High and progressing all the way to the present, my perspiration problem has been nothing but an annoyance and an embarrassment for me.

When I was in Junior and Senior High, I used to try and look cool like everyone else. Problem was, even the least amount of exertion would cause me to sweat right through my clothes. It was especially bad right after Gym. I mean you've been doing strenuous exercise for an hour and then you took a hot shower. Everyone else was fine. I, on the other hand, was still sweating two or three hours later. It was so bad, I transferred to a 6th hour gym so that it would be the last class I took before school let out. That way no one would see me as I left school looking like I'd just been hosed down.

When I got into the workforce it didn't get any better.

The first jobs I got out of high school were labor intensive. I was fortunate enough to have the kind of jobs where I didn't come into contact with a lot of people. At some places, I worked in the back room or I worked late at night when everyone else had left. After I graduated from college things got tougher for me. I had desk jobs in a corporate environment. I tried very hard to stay calm and not stress out because if I did, I had sweat stains from my armpits down to my waistline.

On one occasion, I was asked to move computer equipment from one building to another. I was wearing slacks and a shirt. By the time I got done moving all that equipment, I had soaked my shirt, I mean wet all over, and even had sweat stains on the waistband of my slacks. A couple of really cute girls that was always trying to impress looked at me with sweat running into my eyes and my hair plastered down and asked if I was all right or was something wrong with me. I guess the way I looked, they thought I would keel over or something.

I really made an impression with them that day. The wrong impression!

Well, now I'm married with a house and yard which of course needs to be taken care of. On days when I know I need to mow the yard or some other such activity, I put on some really old clothes. I go out and do the chores. I then come inside and peel off my dripping wet clothes, take a shower and put clean, fresh clothes on.

Speaking of the shower, when I take a shower in the morning, I have to run a fan in the bathroom. As soon as I get out, I start to dry off with a towel and stand directly in front of the fan. After I finish in the bathroom, I walk into the bedroom, turn on another fan and stand in front of it until I am completely dry. This is a huge waste of time. It doesn't always work either. Sometimes, I still sweat through my shirt in the car on the way to work.

My wife is the love of my life but there have been times when I know I embarrassed her. We would get all dressed up for a night on the town. Sometimes there was a live band at the place we would go. We would get up and start dancing. It wouldn't be long before sweat is just pouring off of me. After a couple of instances like that and I gave up dancing.

Pretty depressing story, huh? It has a happy ending though. I finally found something that helped me stop sweating so bad. It worked for me, maybe it will work for you.





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

No comments:

Post a Comment