Some days marriage feels more like a carnival ride than a lifelong commitment. At times it's all about the stops and starts, twists and turns, and ups and downs. Or, at least, that is how it feels. During these days it might seem like it's nearly impossible to get your spouse to smile or be happy with anything, big or small, that you do. But, did you know that there are five little things you can do that are almost guaranteed to bring a smile to the lips of your spouse and/or put a smile in his or her heart?
1) Share an inside joke. You have plenty of them I'm sure. The longer you're together, there more inside jokes you'll have together. It can be something as simple as silly little code words you make up to talk about private things when in public. It's a great way to bring out a few smiles and build up a little sense of expectation too.
2) Offer an unsolicited compliment. This is especially helpful to women. You might feel like it doesn't matter or that she isn't really all that "uplifted" by them but you're wrong. Women love to hear compliments from the men they love. Give them out freely - even when she says "this old dress?" Secretly, she LOVES hearing you say that you're happy or pleased with her efforts to look good for you.
3) Flirt with your spouse. This works in many ways. First of all, it's playful and just plain fun. Second, it sets the tone and the mood for fun things now or later - depending on your location, surroundings, and time commitments. Finally, it's a great way to remind one another of just how great you are together. Flirting is the perfect tool to let your partner know you still find him or her attractive and interesting no matter how long you've been together.
4) Make an outrageous proposition. Be bold. Be daring. Be inventive. When is the last time you've thrown down the gauntlet with a crazy invitation for something fun with your spouse - even a little risqu? When you're married, being a little bit naughty can be very nice for your happiness together and it definitely puts a smile on the face of your spouse.
5) Leave love notes. Whether you're leaving them in purses, briefcases, or lunchboxes, it's always nice to let the love of your life know just how much you love and adore him or her. These notes are not just a way to make your partner smile but also to lift your partner up and let him or her know just how much you love sharing your lives together.
iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software